You’ve became a coach? Congratulations! The best way to become a successful one is by word of mouth marketing. No doubt it is the best way to grow your clients portfolio, as long as your clients consider you as a good coach. How to become a good coach? It is important to keep good coaching habits. Here some tips on how to choose good coaching habits!
Be Proactive in Scheduling Your Call
Set up reminders in your calendar to schedule a coaching call at regular intervals. If you need to block a conference room or the quiet room in advance for your session, do the needful. Remember that you have to schedule the session in advance as the slots do fill up.
Ensure that you don’t have a gap of more than 15 days between two coaching sessions. You can schedule one every week too.
Show up Prepared
While it’s important that you are regular with your coaching calls, it is even more important that you show up prepared. Preparation means committing to your homework, reflecting back and thinking ahead as to what you want the most from coaching session.
- Ensure you show up on time.
- If you are unable to make it on time, inform the coach in advance.
- If your call is at 4:00PM, by 3:59 PM you will know if you are going to be able to make it on time and if you aren’t going to be able to make it, ensure that you inform the coach.
- If you are doing the session online ensure you have access to stable internet connection.
- Focus on where your client is and where you both want him to be.
- In a coaching session we start with where you are at the moment and aim to bridge the gap to where you want to be.
- It’s critical that you communicate honestly with what you are doing at the moment so that the right strategy can be curated for you.
- Commit to experiment with different ideas.
- Sometimes results come, sometimes they don’t. In either case, it gives us clarity.
- Keep the starting point as what you are actually doing instead of what you should be doing.
- Avoid masking the truth – there is no judgement and only an honest effort to bridge the gap so that you achieve your career and personal growth. Make the most of it.
- Relax and Enjoy this coaching journey.
- Their motivation is critical, work on that!